Here at Web Gnomes, we stay on top of the ever-changing world of Internet Marketing so you don’t have to. We enjoy learning new tricks of the trade and putting them to practice in the work that we do for our esteemed clients. Here is some of the most helpful Internet marketing info we came across this week:
Chris Brogan always has something useful to say… In this article, he addresses the difference between blog content and newsletter content.
Here’s the short answer:
I put information that sells on my blog, and information that nurtures in my newsletter. ~Chris Brogan
Consider signing up for Brogan’s newsletter. It is quite delightful.
We included some info about the latest Google update, aka Penguin, in our Gnome Likes a couple of weeks ago. Now, two weeks later, Google speaks out about the update.
According to this informative article by Danny Sullivan, Google is quite pleased with the results.
Here are the list of things to do if you were hit by Penguin:
- Clean up on-page spam you know you’ve done
- Clean up bad links you know you’re been involved with, as best you can
- Wait for news of a future Penguin Update and see if you recover after it happens
- If it doesn’t, try further cleaning or consider starting over with a fresh site
- If you really believe you were a false positive, file a report as explained here
And how will you know if it’s working?
If you do clean things up, how will you know? Ideally, you’ll see your traffic from Google recover, the next time Penguin is updated. ~Danny Sullivan
In honor of Mother’s Day, here is an infographic with statistics on social media usage by American moms:Happy Saturday and enjoy the rest of your weekend!